It’s been about six months since my 17 Things for 2017 post. Basically, instead of New Year’s resolutions I wrote about 17 things I would like to see happen this year. Since half the year is over (already!?) I wanted to provide you with an update.
1) Finish projects that are taking way too long. I am in the middle of redecorating one of the bedrooms and Shane is in the middle of remodeling our laundry room. Both projects are taking much longer than anticipated so I can’t wait to get these finished and share them with you! Update: We finished the laundry room! You can read all about it here. We’re still working on the baby room and will have a reveal post as soon as it’s finished.
2) Clean and simplify! My home is pretty clean, however we have a lot of junk in the basement and crawl space that I’ve been trying to sell at garage sales and on Facebook/eBay that I can probably just throw away or donate. Update: This is still a work in progress but I have been able to purge and sell a few things.
3) Complete at least 1-2 Etsy pretzel orders per month. Update: I’ve been super busy the past few months with orders. Hooray! I am considering closing my shop for the summer months, though, so I can focus on the baby.
4) Get promoted. I’ve been working hard towards a promotion at my full time job and it would be wonderful to see that pay off this year. Promotions are in the Fall so we’ll see then…
5) Get subscribers! Sigh…
6) Continue to write posts that my new (and old) subscribers will love. Every week a new post comes out! I’m adding to this goal that I would like to get ahead a few weeks so I can take some time off from writing while I enjoy maternity leave without leaving my readers hanging.
7) Work on producing high quality images for my posts. In progress…
8) Read more. If you read my post about my favorite books and authors you know I love to read. This year I want to finish most of the books on my “want to read” list. I am miserably failing with this one. Hopefully I can catch up.
9) Go to the movies. I don’t think I saw one movie in a theater in 2016. How sad! Haven’t been to a movie this year so far…
10) Brush up on trivia. Shane and I go to a local bar for trivia every other Friday. When we first started playing we came in first place a few times. Since then we’ve fallen a little behind so I want to be able to call ourselves the champs again! Haven’t played trivia either. I see a trend in this entertainment category… It doesn’t look good…
11) Pay off debt (i.e., student loans, mortgage, etc.). In progress.
12) Save, save, save! In progress.
13) Celebrating milestone birthdays. I will be 30 this year and my dad will be 60! Both of our birthdays are in the Fall. Stay tuned.
14) Speaking of birthdays, I find it pretty cool that Rocco will be 3 on the 3rd (of January) and I will be 30 on the 30th (of October). Fun fact!
15) Spending time with my family. I love that we don’t need a reason (like a birthday) to spend time together. I’ve seen at least one member of my family every weekend if not more 🙂
17) Being the best mommy I can be to this guy… Of course!