As you already know, I am a “lists” person. I love making lists and crossing things off. It makes me feel so accomplished! Today’s post is a list of the things I need to make lists for. Are you confused? Let me explain…
I’ve been putting off making baby lists until I finish work and go on maternity leave. Then, I’ll have about a month off before my due date to make my lists and prepare for Baby’s arrival. There are several different kinds of lists that I need, however, so I need to make a master list of all these other lists!
This post is to half get myself organized and half to prepare you, too (if you’re interested). These are the things I need to make lists for and take action on (in no particular order):
- Meal prep
- Registry purchases
- Hospital bag
- Baby prep
I want to make freezer meals and crock pot meals so that Shane and I do not have to worry about dinner for a few weeks after Baby is born. I’ve printed out a bunch of recipes from Pinterest and now have to organize them further into other lists:
- List of meals (and how many nights they will last)
- Shopping list of ingredients
- Shopping list of tins and freezer bags
A while back I wrote about my registry ideas and what I thought would work for me. Now that I have my registry organized it’s ready for purchases to be made (wink, wink). I am not having a baby shower before Baby is born so I need to make sure I have the absolute necessities ready beforehand. That’s where my list comes in – what do we absolutely need (a car seat and diapers!) and what can wait (a swing and toys)?
I plan on packing two hospital bags – a small one with a few things for labor and delivery and a larger one that can stay in the car until after Baby is born. Of course, I need to make the list to figure out what exactly is needed.
- Make freezer/crock pot meals
- Print registries and decide what needs to be purchased before Baby is born. Then go and purchase those items (using coupons and discounts!).
- Pack hospital bags
- Wash baby clothes (they are currently piled in my parents basement)
- Install car seat and get inspected
- Organize nursery as much as possible
Stay tuned for Part 2 – more lists 🙂