It feels so good to check off the items from my Lists on Lists on Lists post. Here is an update so far:
- Make freezer/crock pot meals – DONE! Read about it here.
- Print registries and decide what needs to be purchased before Baby is born. Then go and purchase those items (using coupons and discounts!). DONE!
- Pack hospital bags. You’re reading it now 🙂
- Wash baby clothes (they are currently piled in my parents basement). DONE!
- Install car seat and get inspected. DONE!
- Organize nursery as much as possible. DONE!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please see my disclosures here.
So what have I packed in my hospital bag? Good thing you asked! This post lays it all out for you… literally. It didn’t take very long to lay everything out and pack my bag, but just like the freezer meals, I don’t suggest waiting until you’re 38 weeks along to do this. You never know…
Our hospital provides things like diapers, wipes, creams, etc. so I did not pack any of that. I actually plan to take as many extras from the hospital as I can so I can stock up. Here is what I packed for baby:
- Nursing pillow (also doubles as an extra pillow for me)
- 2 Receiving blankets (one to take home to Rocco so he can get the baby’s scent before she comes home)
- White onesie
- Going home outfit
Again, the hospital provides things like pads, creams, etc. so I did not pack any of that. A lot of the items I packed for myself are old and I don’t care if they get ruined and I have to throw them out. That way I’ll have more room to stock up on the hospital items when I go home. Here is what I packed for myself:
- iPad and book
- Flip flops for shower
- Towel (hospital provides, but I packed another just in case)
- Nursing tank/bra and nightgown
- Going home outfit (a loose dress, nothing tight or fancy)
- Socks and underwear
- Samples of nursing pads and cream (I probably don’t need this either)
- Toiletries (see below for details)
- Snacks and vitamins (also for Dad)
All of my toiletries are near the end of the bottle. I’m just going to throw away the bottle and not worry about taking anything back home with me. This will make for easier unpacking when I get home.
- Hair spray
- Makeup remover
- Makeup (just in case – only mascara and eyeliner)
- Body wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair ties
- Hair clip
We live about 3 miles from the hospital so Shane can go home for anything we forget or decide we need after the fact. All I packed for him was an extra shirt and underwear should he need it.
Last but not least, I packed a small backpack that we will take in with us for labor and delivery. The large duffel with everything listed above will sit in the car until I am in recovery. The small backpack includes:
- Hospital papers
- Insurance card
- Notebook and pen
- Camera and charger
- Phone charger
We’re all packed and ready to go. Now it’s just a waiting game…